Spinach & Sausage Lasagna

My husband was out of town for a few days on a hunting trip. I generally don't bother cooking for just my son & I. He's a picky toddler, so quick things like grilled cheese & chicken nuggets are always a winner. But last night, I felt the need for a good home-cooked meal. So, I called up my parents (& brother & his girlfriend) to see if they'd be interested in trying a spinach & sausage lasagna. Of course, they were, so I threw this together & went over to their house. The food & the company was great, and Owen got some playtime with his grandparents.

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do! Wish I'd thought to take a picture, but it's all gone. :)

Spinach & Sausage Lasagna

12 lasagna noodles
1 LB ground sausage
10 oz chopped frozen spinach
17 oz jar Alfredo sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1 egg
2 c grated cheddar
15 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
1 c grated mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place noodles in pan and cover with hot water for 15 minutes. Brown sausage, drain, then add spinach, Alfredo sauce, salt, & pepper. Mix. In another bowl, combine, egg, ricota, cheddar, & parmesan. In an ungreased 9x13 pan, layer the sausage mixture, noodles, then cheese mixture and repeat twice. Spread mozzarella on top & cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap