Shopping!

Let me apologize from the start for the crappy-quality photos...all I have is my iPhone camera right now.

Loaded up the boy & went on a little shopping excursion this morning. Had to return a mini USB cable at Best Buy. Went to Target afterwards to look for some shirts. Tried on a few but didn't care for them. Would have browsed further, but that'll have to wait for a child-free day. I got Owen two cute divided plates. One features robots and the other is for V Day with two elephants and the saying "I love you a ton." Aww! Also got him an Elmo's World DVD. Got myself a Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart as well as two silicone heart-shaped ice cube trays. I saw a craft on Pinterest that uses them to make crayons. Want to give that a try. I hope they're oven safe...I guess I'll find out... As for those lip butters, I'm addicted. I have four of them. I'm not much for lipstick because it's always too dry or too pigmented, but these are perfect. Like chap stick, but with just enough color.

Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Strawberry Shortcake, & Cherry Tart


I can't keep a pair of sunglasses for any length of time, so cheap ones are a must. I either break them or lose them. Found a pair of oversized Esprit shades for $6.99 at Ross, so I grabbed them. After a trip through the Starbucks drive-thru, we headed to the mall. I wanted to have lunch at chick-fil-a, because it's something easy for Owen to eat, but discovered that they closed the mall location. Bummer. We settled for Subway, which was disappointing. I didn't even finish my sandwich. Yuck.

My "Hollywood" shades.


Met up with an old friend from high school on our way out of the mall. Got to meet her family and she got to meet Owen, who was pretty cranky by that time, so we didn't get to chat for too long. We keep in touch on Facebook, though. Thank goodness for Facebook. I wouldn't talk to anyone with it!

I did drag Owen over to Big Lots before we headed home. Didn't really need anything there, but you never know what you'll find. I picked up a really cute set of 3 plastic tumblers with lids & straws for $9. I had a plain clear one, but stupid me put it on the bottom dishwasher rack & it warped. These are much cooler anyway--argyle, green, & peace signs

how cute are these?!
Owen fell asleep on the way home, so my plans to stop at the grocery store were put on hold. Nothing that couldn't wait until tomorrow anyway. He ended up sleeping for about two hours, so that was a nice little break for mama. After an afternoon of playing, he's been asleep now for a couple of hours. Hoping he stays down for awhile. He's usually good until about midnight and then he's up & down for a bit. I'm off to watch a little tv before heading to bed myself.

Until next time...






Comments

  1. I FINALLY remember to come here on my computer instead of my phone!

    I'm intrigued by those lip butters. Hmm. How much are they a piece?

    I hate shopping for myself with Spencer. Specifically, taking him into dressing rooms. And he likes to grab clothes off the racks because there's never enough room in the rack area for a cart with a child in. Oi.

    Love your shades.

    And that argyle cup. Argyle is the best!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip butters are between $6 & $8, depending on where you find them. I got most of mine at WalMart--I think they were $6.48.

      Argyle is the coolest. :)

      Delete
  2. I am definitely going to check out those lip butters. I hate lip stick!

    And I officially need to hunt down a Big Lots so I can get some of those tumblers. Great to carry to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen those tumblers just about everywhere these days, but I think Big Lots had the best deal and tons of colors & patterns.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap