In mourning.

I go eons without blogging and when I do it's a sad one. But such is life. To quote a former co-worker of my husband's, it isn't always "candies & balloons". 

My husband's uncle passed away yesterday, quite unexpectedly. I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with with Uncle R. Just a few family functions. That was enough to prove to me what a kind, caring soul he was. I thought of him as the Gentle Giant. An exceptionally tall man, as all in my husband's family are, yet with a quiet air about him that belied his seemingly hulking form. 

When I got word yesterday that he was gone, I was immediately saddened. The more I think about, the less I can understand the reasons. I suppose we all have own battles, many of which are fought inwardly. It makes me sad to know that this is likely what took Uncle R's life. I also feel angry. It seems such a selfish way to go. His burdens are lifted, but what about those left behind to mourn him? Everyone that loved him & knew him must now continue without him, with more questions than answers as to why he is gone. 

I certainly don't think any less of him. In my mind, he is & always will be a fantastic man. I just wish there was some other way to ease his mind of whatever was weighing him down. I wish he'd have reached out to someone. To anyone. 

Rest in peace, Uncle. You will always be loved. You will always be missed. 

Comments

  1. *hugs* Losing someone is never easy. My hope and prayer is that your family finds peace in this moment of unrest. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap