ipsy/MyGlam October 2012 bag

This was my first month to receive an ipsy bag.Overall, pretty impressive! First off, I love anything chevron-patterned these days, plus red/white/black are a favorite color combination of mine. The bag was an instant win. I was also excited about all of the products. 






The Coastal Scents eyeshadows are great. I love the colors (set #6) and the quality was surprisingly good. I'm a self-admitted Urban Decay snob when it comes to shadows. However, the CS palette blended easily & the pigmentation is wonderful.

The Be a Bombshell eye liner in onyx is like a felt-tipped marker. I've never tried one before, so I'm curious to see how easy it will be to work with. Sad but true, I only learned how to use eyeliner in plain old pencil form a couple of years ago, and I'm almost 32! 

I also got theBalm "What's Your Type?" mascara in "the body builder". It's black, which is always a winner. I've used it a couple of times now and I really like it! 

The Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment is for hair. It claims to leave your hair silky and smooth and I have to say, it did. I've only used it once on my frizzy, thick mess of curls. I applied it while my hair was wet and let it air dry over night. In the morning, my hair was noticeably less-frizzy than normal. It felt really nice, too...super-silky! Smells great, as well.

As for the Mirenesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain...I wanted to like this. I really did. I'm a gloss junkie, so I was super excited to see such a large sample. (It may even be full size, I haven't checked.) The color (#9) is really pretty in the packaging, but against my skin, not so much. The texture is fine, but the color itself just isn't flattering. I don't know. I'll play around with it some more. Maybe over a lipstick or mixed with another gloss, I can make it work. 

Overall, really happy with ipsy! Can't wait to see what next month brings!

Until next time...





Comments

  1. I'm so jealous of the eyeshadow colors you got! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap