Saying Goodbye

My Wednesday started off with a funeral. My great-aunt passed away on Monday at the age of 85. She had been sick for awhile. I'm glad she isn't suffering anymore, but I'm sorry that my great-uncle and cousins now have to go on without their matriarch. My dad, my son, & I went show our support this morning. Owen was incredibly well behaved and friendly. Being a toddler, I'm never quite sure how he'll react to a bunch of relative strangers. Sometimes he's Mr. Social and sometimes he's hiding behind mommy. But today he was happy to greet everyone & give high-fives. 

I don't believe in sheltering children from death. It should absolutely be handled in an age-appropriate manner, but I think that the earlier children know about death, the less scary it will be for them. Owen is two and has been to a few funerals already, although today was the first time he ever went up to the casket. I expected him to ask if Aunt E was asleep, but he said nothing. He just looked quietly while PawPaw held him. We paid our respects then walked away and that was that...he never questioned anything. I'm sure the time will come...

We headed back to my parents'  house after that & spent the rest of the morning with my Dad. (Mom was working.) Got burgers for lunch from a local burger place. And now, Owen & I are home. He fell asleep on the drive back and will hopefully rest for awhile. Once he's up, I'm sure we'll be running around the back yard, riding his bike, sliding, & swinging. Another typical day!

Oh, got my October Birchbox in yesterday! I'll be posting about that soon, most likely tomorrow. 

Until next time...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap