Weekend Recap

Wrapping up a pretty good weekend tonight. Nothing terribly exciting, but good, nonetheless.

Owen and I started Friday with some shopping in Houma. I had to make a return at Target. The travel mug in the Grinch Christmas mug set I bought the day before was cracked. Unfortunately, there were no more in stock. Sad, because I love me some Grinch and looked forward to drinking my coffee with him every morning. Ah, well. I'll check back soon. Ended up hitting the dollar spot, though. Bought Owen a few books & picked up 2 magnetic Christmas note pads and a set of A Christmas Story pens for myself. (I'm a sucker for pens & stationary.) Also bought O two cute plates--one Christmas and one Thomas the Train. Oh, and I picked up a clearance nail polish. Because, you know, the 100+ other polishes I own aren't enough. It's "Kardashing Through the Snow" from Nicole for OPI. I've been on a glitter kick lately. We stopped at the mall for cookies (Great American Cookie Company. OMG.) and I bought a hoodie for Owen at The Children's Place. And here's a little TCP rant. Boys jeans. Size 2T. All they had were skinny and super skinny. Really? All the other styles jumped from 18-24 month straight to 3T. WTF, TCP? I'm not a fan of skinny jeans for boys. I suppose I'll have to check online for my boy's preferred carpenter fit. Anywho...the rest of our Friday was pretty quiet. Stayed home, cooked dinner, the usual routine.

holiday glitter!


The husband had to work this weekend, so he was out the door before dawn Saturday morning. Owen and I slept in (and by that, I mean 7:30) and, after breakfast, went visit my parents for a bit. Owen loves his MawMaw and PawPaw. Honestly, I'm not sure who's more spoiled-the boy or my mom and dad! Did a little grocery shopping afterwards and then headed home. Am I the only person who starts a new grocery/shopping list immediately upon returning home? Because I totally did that. And usually do. Forgot to pick up my prescription at the pharmacy as well as some sinus meds. Brian came home with the sniffles, but in time to watch LSU kick off. College football (especially LSU, since he played there) is like religion in our house. That's how most of his Saturdays are spent-in front of the tv watching various ball games.

Owen and I had a birthday party to go to this afternoon. My little cousin turned two. (He's the 6th and final little cousin of mine to turn 2 this year. Yep. Me & my cousins all drank the water at the same time. Had 6 babies between my mom's and dad's sides from May 2010 to November 2010. It's fun!) His party was at the local park. Owen had a great time on the playground. He barely wanted to stop sliding to get some cake. Went to the store yet again after leaving the festivities and remembered everything on my newest list, and then some.

As for this coming week, hard to believe it's already Thanksgiving! This year has gone by so quickly! Time truly does fly by once you have kids. Also this week: my birthday! On Black Friday. Yikes! I'll be 32. Holy cow. Birthdays don't really bother me...it's just a number, really. I certainly don't feel 32. Not always, anyway. I was lucky enough to get my birthday present last week...the very laptop that I'm typing on! My husband is pretty awesome. Also pretty awesome? Free birthday rewards from Starbucks! I took advantage of mine on Thursday with a grande white chocolate mocha. Yum!

Happy Birthday to Me! Thank you, Starbucks!


Anywho...that's about it for now. My boys (and the dog) are asleep and I'm not far behind!

Until next time...



Comments

  1. I'm also not a fan of skinny jeans on boys lol
    i heart your blog!
    I'm a new GFC follower :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for following! I'm on my way to check out your blog now. :)

    Desirae
    30 Minutes of Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful color. I've peeked at it often! And, love yoU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap