Christmas preparations with an Elf

Enjoying some time for myself while Owen naps. Last week I had a crazy urge to watch the old HBO series Carnivale. Couldn't find it locally on DVD or on Netflix, so I just let it go. Went to WalMart Saturday night and guess what's there? Yep. Seasons 1 & 2 of Carnivale. I picked up Season 1 yesterday.

I've been trying to wrap my mind around the insanity at Sandy Hook Elementary. I cannot even begin to imagine what those poor people are going through. It has made me hug my little guy a whole lot tighter and remember to cherish every moment with those I love, because we truly never know when it will be taken away. My heart & prayers go out to everyone involved and affected by this unthinkable tragedy.

In cheerier topics, I managed to finish Christmas shopping Saturday. My parents kept O for the night. It was nice (and much easier) to brave the crowds with him playing happily with MawMaw and PawPaw. Last October, I started a Christmas Club account with my bank. I'll be doing so every year now. So easy! I put away $10 a week and was able to avoid to stress of Christmases past, worrying about how much money we'd be shelling out to buy gifts. I decided who we'd buy for and budgeted accordingly. Stress-free shopping, yay! I'm really excited for Christmas this year. It's the first year that O is really aware of the festivities (he's 2) so he's pretty excited about Santa coming to bring him some presents. All he wants is a new truck. Because the 200 he already has aren't enough. Honestly, I'm going with the simplicity while we still can. He's still getting far more than a new truck, though.  ;)

We've also become one of those Elf On The Shelf families. The husband decided that O needed one and named it Buddy before I was able to buy one. Luckily, Hallmark had just gotten a shipment, so I was able to adopt Buddy on Saturday. When Owen came home Sunday afternoon, he was excited to see Buddy sitting in my glass vase of ornaments. I thought he might be too young to really "get it", but he seems thrilled. He told Buddy good night before going to bed last night & was upset when Buddy wasn't in the vase this morning. He met me at the front door as I was bringing our dog back inside and said "Mama, Buddy's gone!" So I explained that Buddy just moved and we had to find him, like a game of hide & seek. O squealed with glee when he spotted Buddy perched in our Christmas tree. So, looks like the start of a fun H Family tradition!




Hard to believe another year is almost gone. It really does fly once you have a child!

Anywho, off to get a few things done before he wakes up. Until next time...

Comments

  1. Oh so cute and your going to have so much fun with Buddy your elf. Logan absolutely loves it and enjoys trying to find him...

    And just like you I am trying to wrap my head around it as well. I just can't fathom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap