Christmas recap & looking at the New Year

I can't believe that Christmas has come & gone and that a new year is almost upon us! I have no idea where 2012 went--it just zoomed right on by. It was a year of ups & downs (mostly ups, thank goodness) and happily, it's ending on the upside of things.

Christmas was one of the best I've had in awhile. At 2.5, this was the first year that Owen really "got it". It was incredible to watch the excitement of the holiday through his eyes. Last year, he was done after opening his first gift and we had to beg him to finish the rest. This year, he ripped through all of them happily and was so excited about everything he got. He even remembered "thank you" and hugs and kisses. My boy is all set with new toys...all he wanted was new trucks and that desire did not go unheard from anyone!

It was great to be surrounded by family and good food and I was especially happy to get a visit from my godfather last week. It's been a rocky road...he battled alcohol & drug addiction but I am proud to say that he is now 3 years sober and we are all happy to have him back in our lives. He visited with a beautiful card (& a Hobby Lobby gift card, yay!) and introduced his girlfriend. I was so touched that they made time to come over...it really made my day!

As exciting as Christmas was, I was eager to get my house back in order. The tree & decorations came down on the 26th. Owen was sad to see the tree go, and he missed his Elf on the Shelf, but we promised him that the tree & the elf (Buddy) would be back next year.

This week, I am a hunting widow. The husband is looking to bring home some Texas deer. He's got one so far! Owen spent last night with his grandparents (my mom & dad) and I made a pass through his room & closet. Dropped of a huge pile of toys at the thrift store this morning. Apparently everyone had the same idea, because the entire sidewalk of the place is covered with drop-offs!

New Year will be a low-key celebration here. We're not big on fireworks, so it'll most likely be just a quiet night at home for Owen and I, since Daddy will still be on the hunt. But that's okay with me. I'm such a homebody! Perfectly content to stay in and play trucks with my little buddy! I don't make resolutions, but I do aim to (finally) get back in shape, eat healthier, and to blog more!

I hope that the new year brings great things for us, and for you, too! Happy 2013!

my little family!

Comments

  1. You had a wonderful Christmas, down to your visit from your Godfather. I hope the New Year continues to bring nothing but goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap