August 2013 Ipsy/Glam Bag Review - Glamour Academy

 
 
 

I've been an ipsy subscriber for almost a year now and I have been continually impressed with the products they've sent. I've gotten several full sized products (Zoya nail polish, y'all!) and even the sample sizes are very generous. At only $10 a month, this is a great little treat to find in my mailbox and a fantastic way to try new products without spending a fortune. If you're interested in trying it out yourself, click on my referral link, please! :)

The August theme is Glamour Academy, to coordinate with the back to school season. This month's bag is cute -- purple/fuschia with a gold Glamour Academy print. The shape and size is just right for organizing those little things that tend to get lost in your purse or school bag.

photo credit: me


Pixi Beauty Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Black (retail price: $17)

I love the packaging of this mascara. The little pixie/fairy is cute. (I love fairies.) It's a sleek round tube and even this sample size is a good one. It wore well all day with no clumping or flaking. However, the formula is a little on the dry side. The brush isn't the greatest, but even so, I'll use it up because it's decent.

photo credit: ipsy


MicaBeauty Mineral Eye Shadow in Bronze (retail price: $14.95)

While the bronze color is beautiful, I didn't use this product. I'm not a fan of loose pigments. Just a little messier than I care to deal with. Thanks to ipsy's swap forum on Facebook, I was able to trade this for something I will use (Zoya Tanzy nail polish)! It did get lots of good reviews on ipsy, though. I'm sure it is a great product, it's just not for me.

photo credit: ipsy


Michael Todd True Organics Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask (retail price: $34)

First things first, this sample size is an awesome 1 fl oz! (The full size is 3.4 fl oz.) Second, I love anything pumpkin. The scent alone reminds me of my favorite season, Fall! The tube states that this mask is for all skin types except sensitive. I was a little put off since my skin is on the sensitive side, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway. Being a SAHM, I thought if it made my face particularly scary looking, I could just stay home for a few days until it cleared up. ;) Despite a slight tingly feeling upon application, the mask did not have any negative effects on my skin. The smell is fantastically pumpkin, the formula is smooth and easy to apply, and it left my skin feeling amazing! It felt clean and fresh and I had none of the drying tightness that I've experience with other facial masks. (I love this so much, I made a swap for another tube on the swap forum!) Two days later, my skin is still looking great!

photo credit: me


Noya Cherry Lip Balm (retail price $3.99)

Also comes in Vanilla, Classic, and Spearmint. I was very happy to receive the cherry flavor, as the other ipsy option was vanilla, which I am not a huge fan of. I'd never heard of this balm, but being a huge lip product junkie, I'm always excited to discover new products. This balm is fantastic! It's natural, with ingredients such as coconut oil and olive oil, and it feels great on my lips. It's hydrating without being waxy or sticky and it has serious staying power. It's really affordable, so I'll definitely look into buying more (and trying the classic & spearmint) when this tube is used up!

photo credit: Noya


Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream (retail price: $16.00 for 1 fl oz)

This was the one disappointing product in the August ipsy bag. Initially, I was excited to see a Pacifica product, having enjoyed the roller ball perfume and the hand cream I'd received in prior bags. I tried this BB cream yesterday and was not impressed. It was hard to blend and the finish left me looking a little orange. It felt heavy, despite being a light coverage product. I left it on to go run errands, but ended up wiping it off with a baby wipe before reaching my destination because it was really uncomfortable on my face. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some!

photo credit: ipsy


All in all, another great month of products from ipsy. I can't wait to see what they have in store for September!

*Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I paid for this subscription. I am not affiliated with ipsy or any of the brands mentioned here.

Comments

  1. That pumpkin mask sounds amazing! I, too, am quite fond of anything pumpkin. The lip balm looks great, too. Nice mail surprises!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap