Nap time crafting, Pinterest-inspired.

I took advantage of nap time today to tackle a crafty project I've wanted to do for awhile now. Saw this on Pinterest awhile ago and thought it'd be perfect, since I can't get rid of cards! It's nice to go back later & read the sentiment. Of course, I can't find the pin now to link here, but it's simple enough. You'll get the general idea!

So today, after Owen crashed, I popped Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince into the DVD player, brewed a fresh pot of coffee, and settled on the living room rug with my hole puncher, ribbon box, book rings ($1.88 for a pack of 8 (4 small, 4 large) at Walmart), & a pile of cards. I sorted them first, into 4 piles-baby shower 1, baby shower 2, baby's arrival, & 1st birthday. (Yep, I was very luck & had two showers--the first by my in-laws in north LA and the 2nd by my parents here at home.) Then, I punched a hole in the top corner of each and put the book ring through. To finish it off, I knotted a small length of ribbon around the ring and voila! 

pardon the crappy-quality iPhone picture!

I've still got his various occasion cards & 2nd birthday cards to get done, but of course, he decided to take a short nap today, so I'll tackle those another time. Totally going to do this as we receive Christmas cards this year, too!

Until next time...


Comments

  1. This was my birthday! I didn't know you started blogging again! Jeesh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.

Weekend Recap