Weekend Recap

It's Sunday. My son slept over at his grandparents' house last night. My husband left for work early this morning. And I've been up since 5:30. On my morning to sleep in. Go figure. I guess I'm rested enough with about 7 straight hours of sleep. That never happens, since my 2 year-old still wakes up during the night. I did lounge in bed until 6, but then I gave up. Made some coffee, had some waffles, took the dog out, and played on FarmVille. A nice, quiet morning to myself.

Now, I've got some laundry going and I'll be putting supper in the crock pot shortly. I'm making Sunday Chicken, a favorite recipe from my "101 Things to do with a Slow Cooker" cook book. Try it. You'll love it! We're having it with mashed potatoes & steamed veggies.

Sunday Chicken

4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) cream of chicken soup, condensed*
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup sour cream

Place chicken in greased** 3.5 to 5 quart slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except sour cream and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat 6-8 hours. One hour before serving, stir in sour cream. Makes 4-6 servings.

*I use 1 can cream of chicken & 1 can cream of mushroom. I've also used 2 cans cream of mushroom and it's still awesome. As far as I'm concerned, all those cream of soups are interchangeable. :)
**I like to use crock pot liners instead of greasing the pot. So much easier to clean up! You can get them at WalMart, near the ziploc bags & foil.

I'll pick up Owen later this afternoon, but there's not much else on today's agenda. I'm sure we'll watch some Saints football later. Hopefully they can pull out a W, since LSU failed to do so yesterday.

Saturday was pretty nice. Owen & I went to my little cousin's 2nd birthday party (there are 6 two (or soon to be) year olds in my family, between my mom's & dad's sides. Me & 5 of my first cousins were pregnant together!) yesterday. Owen had fun playing with the other kids & dragging my mom around with him. We left a little early, though, because it was nap time. He stayed at my parents' house and I headed home, after a stop at WalMart. It was nice to take my time &  browse around, kid-free. Picked up a pizza and the husband and I ate that while watching various college football games. I even got to read a bit while sitting in my hammock swing under our huge oak tree. Not nearly enough time for that in my life lately. I love to read.

Anywho...it's about time I do something productive. And by productive, I mean sit on the couch watching Bridesmaids (Finally! I've never seen it. Picked up the DVD at WM yesterday.) and painting my nails. :)

P.S.: Go check out Coley's giveaway over at Allie's blog! Not much time left to enter!
http://talesofatwentysomethingblogger.blogspot.com/2012/10/meet-coley.html

Until next time...





Comments

  1. Its funny the things you can do when your kid free, my husband and I went on a date Saturday and what did we do?? We walked around Target. With little man in hand, we are barely able to walk around and look at things. Or we can't leave without avoiding the toys...yeah so its amazing. I am glad you enjoyed the day.

    How was Bridesmaids? I have yet to see it myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Y'all sound like us! Brian & I did that yesterday (walked around Target) before getting Owen from my parents' house. It's the little things in life...

      Bridesmaids was funny! Worth seeing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping!

Reviving my poor little neglected corner of the Internet.